An interview with cook, writer, artist & activist Tunde Wey sends Luke down a rabbit hole thinking about the place of restaurants as one of the most accessible, understandable (and delicious!) places where capital from literally all over the world collides right in front of us, and how restaurateurs -- like all small business owners -- must take this moment of crisis to be an ally of workers, not big business.
All this and a couple little confessions from yours truly.
- New Yorker Interview with Tunde Wey by Helen Rosner
- Wey's essay "Let it Die"
- Let It Die | Episode 1 | "How Much Did the Devil Pay You?"
- GQ Profile of Wey by Brett Martin
- The New Yorker hell joke is from Good Place S02E11*
- And of course the source of that iconic devil quote*
*Yikes on all the Luciferian references. That kind of week.